Sunday, August 31, 2008

Update/ Invite!

Okay- so I know- it's been awhile... There has been so much going on that unfortunately this has not been the main priority. Quick explanation- my kiddos, Chelsey & Jordan, now live with me in Fairbanks- long story but I can tell those of you that want to know, later.

Anyway back to the matter at hand- The WEDDING! Aagh... So we are what 2 weeks out and boy is there a lot left to do. I sit on my bed at night with my honey & my kids watching T.V. and sewing beads onto my veil. The kids keep thinking it should be done by now and Rick, poor man, has dealt with my exasperation more than once as I toss the thing aside and say "Why do I need a stinking veil anyway?"

We are still working on making our music selections, I think there is someone willing to take picture for us, flowers- oh yeah flowers- I'll get to those. Really, it's not too bad just stuff to do.

I realized in talking to some of you recently that you don't realize you are actually invited- so I've attempted to send everyone an "Evite" but for those of you I have missed I promise this blog link is your invite. Would I seriously send you this nonsense to read and then NOT invite you to the wedding??? If you have put up with these rantings of a mad woman then you are invited and bring someone along- why not the more the merrier.

Look, the way I see it, this is about Rick & I getting married. We have clothes to wear, rings to exchange, a license to make it legal, and a dear friend to officiate. Our children will be by our sides and at the end of the day Rick & Yvette will be husband and wife! This is about love, friendship, caring and the inclusion of all the people we love there with us as we embark on the continued journey we have begun.

I love you guys and want you there. NO gifts, no fancy clothes, no "big deal"; just love & friendship that is all we ask.

I promise to try harder in the next week or two to update this regularly but if you have questions, comments or concerns just give us a call (907)456-2003. We can't wait to spend time with you!

No comments:

Important Wedding Weekend Details

When: Thursday, September 11th, 2008. Ceremony to begin at noon.
Where: Top of Angel Rocks Trail- ~1.2 miles in and 900 feet elevation gain.
Party: Reception Weekend to follow @ Twin Bears Campground. We will be staying through Sunday morning if you would like to stay with us there are cabins or you can bring a camper.
Attire: wear whatever you feel like- are you kidding we're already asking you to hike for us... ;)

We respectfully request no gifts just your friendship, a potluck side dish to share for the reception, your own prefered drink if beer is not your taste and whatever you may need for the rest of the time you will be staying as we really haven't thought about the details past Thursday evening.

Please RSVP to us via email at yvettestrong@hotmail.com or via the Evite as we (okay I) am trying to save the trees...