Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dread...

So a few of my very dear girlfriends have agreed to go/ drag me "DRESS" shopping on Saturday... I can hear the dramatic music cueing up in the background, can't you?
Someone please explain to me what in heavens name has persuaded women to buy into this idea that we should wear something closely resembling a large pile of whipped cream on what is traditionally touted as the "most important day of our lives?" I mean really- have you tried one of these ridiculous things on- at least since the age of 20?
There is nothing and I mean nothing attractive about putting a woman who is "past her prime" into a puffy, fluffy, ornate WHITE article of clothing...
Now having said that, I do have to say that with my dear friends in tow I believe it will be a fabulously entertaining afternoon of shopping madness. Thank goodness for them or I would never find a way- without wine- to make this a palatable experience. It is almost tempting to take a camera along for posterity and post some of the what promises to be an entertaining moment on this blog... what do you think?

No comments:

Important Wedding Weekend Details

When: Thursday, September 11th, 2008. Ceremony to begin at noon.
Where: Top of Angel Rocks Trail- ~1.2 miles in and 900 feet elevation gain.
Party: Reception Weekend to follow @ Twin Bears Campground. We will be staying through Sunday morning if you would like to stay with us there are cabins or you can bring a camper.
Attire: wear whatever you feel like- are you kidding we're already asking you to hike for us... ;)

We respectfully request no gifts just your friendship, a potluck side dish to share for the reception, your own prefered drink if beer is not your taste and whatever you may need for the rest of the time you will be staying as we really haven't thought about the details past Thursday evening.

Please RSVP to us via email at yvettestrong@hotmail.com or via the Evite as we (okay I) am trying to save the trees...